Pages

Thursday, December 18, 2014

Thankful Thursday & Other Stuff

I know I haven't posted all that much over the past week but there is a reason. We're on wireless broadband and it's limited to 100 GB for daytime (peak hour) usage (which includes uploads and downloads). We reached that limit earlier this week and our new month began today. 

For some reason we are having difficulties with our connection today. It is almost like we are on a dial-up connection. Mark has been in contact with our ISP and they have checked the network and have done speed tests. It seems that our connection speed has been varying a great deal more than it should. It looks like the wireless antenna on the roof needs to be replaced. That's fine I can handle that but it took ages for them to come and set it up in the first place so guess what it may take ages for them to come and replace it. We were told, if we are lucky, they might get here by Christmas. Cross your fingers for us that this is resolved quickly.


Anyway ... Here's what I am thankful for this week:

  • that nearly all the hostages in the Sydney siege at the Lindt Cafe were able to get away. I am so sad that Katrina Dawson & Tori Johnson didn't make it. My heart goes out to their families and friends. I am extremely thankful that none of the other hostages died. I wish the survivors who were hurt a speedy recovery
  • my visiting teachers hosted a lunch for myself and another sister they visit from Church. We had a lovely time chatting over a delicious lunch and dessert
  • paracetamol - we're all a bunch of sick people in our home at the moment with head colds and/or sore throats
  • herbal tea - to help take off the edge of my sore throat
  • crochet - because it keeps me sand and I am able to make gifts for others
  • finding out a friend of the family is having a baby ... someone else to make one of my lovely baby blankets for ☺☺
  • mild weather and cool changes
What are you thankful for this week? 

No comments: