Pages

Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Stupid Hand

Yesterday I went to see my GP about my hand. It's been 10 weeks since my operation for the carpal tunnel in my left hand. I am still having problems with pain in my hand. I thought that it was time I checked in with him to see if what I am experiencing was 'normal' for the amount of time that has lapsed since my op.

My GP said that I should continue with the exercises that I have been doing. He agreed with me that my hand should be a lot better than it is. He also said that if I am no better in two - three weeks I need to make a follow up appointment with the surgeon. Then, if I am no better in two to three months I need to have the nerve conduction test repeated. If that shows no improvement then I will need to have surgery again.

So for now I will continue with the exercises and do small amounts of crocheting. I'll just stop when my hand starts hurting.

No comments: