Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I've Had Wrist Surgery Today


I had surgery on my wrist this afternoon. I had to be at the hospital for 11:30 am and I got home around 4 pm. Day surgery is a good thing! Especially when everything goes well.

I thought I would've been given a general anaesthetic but I wasn't. I was hoping for a nap because I didn't sleep very well last night. Instead I was given something to make me drowsy while I was given a local in my wrist. The weirdest thing was I was awake for the whole procedure. I even felt a bit of pain so I was given another local (which hasn't worn off yet).

I'll be out of action for a few days. At least while I have to use the sling and keep my arm elevated. I wont be crocheting for a while but I did buy myself a crossword book to fill in the time.

2 comments:

PoetessWug said...

I'm so glad it went well, Jo!! Now...on to the recovery!! :-] Cross off some good words for me! ^_^

Jo-anne Blossy said...

Thanks Poetess. I think the road to recovery might take a while and it's so painful right now but I know I will get there in the end.