Pages

Friday, April 25, 2014

ANZAC Day 2014 - Lest We Forget



They shall not grow old, as we that are left grown old. 
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. 
At the going down of the sun and in the morning, 
we will remember them.


Today marks the 99th anniversary of  when Australian and New Zealand troops landed at Gallipoli in 1915 the soldiers had no idea what lay in store for them. ANZAC Day is a day where we remember the fallen soldiers and those that have served not just in World War I but from all armed conflicts and peace keeping operations.

I'll be watching the ANZAC Day march on tv later. I'd better keep the tissues handy *sniff* I get so emotional just thinking about what these men and women have done for us. I just know I'll end up getting all teary.

No comments: